Read the instructions and tips on this page. Talk to a teacher, staff member about your ideas. Gather a group of students and make your own video clip, interviewing each other and staff.
Your video needs to be:
- A maximum of 2 minutes duration. It can be shorter.
- Filmed horizontally not vertically (think of a TV screen).
- Filmed in high resolution*.
- The original work of students. Students must ensure that any information presented in the video that has come from another source is appropriately referenced and that no copyrighted materials (music, images, etc.) are used unless the students have first obtained all necessary permissions or clearances.
A release form signed by each participant, and parents for students under 16 years of age, must accompany video clips.
*It is recommended that video clips are uploaded as an MP4.
- Remember the shape of a TV screen/computer monitor and be mindful of background and surrounding material.
- Ask person who is speaking NOT to look into camera but off camera slightly (as if they are speaking to someone standing beside you).
- Pause for a few seconds before pushing record to allow focusing on subject, not surrounds.
- If possible, zoom in slightly to exclude unimportant material.
- Hold phone/camera as steady as possible and don’t move off subject who is speaking.
Send us your video
Need help? Email Deirdre Meskill at [email protected]